Stella’s Gluten-Free Pancakes
1 cup (135 g) gluten-free SF flour
2 cups (270 g ) gluten-free plain flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
3 cups lactose-free dairy milk
20 g butter, for greasing
- Sift flours and sugar into a large bowl. Whisk milk and eggs together in a large jug. Gradually whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Leave at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Whisk mixture again for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Heat a large frypan over a medium heat; lightly grease with butter. Pour ¼ cup of mixture for each pancake into pan; cook pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn, cook other side until golden brown. Cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, wiping out pan between batches.
- Serve with jam, butter, honey, maple syrup as desired.
(NB I used no fat milk and cooked the pancakes on a crepe maker at between 2 – 2.5 setting)
Batter suitable to freeze
(Stella Manger, Ryde, NSW)
(This recipe was passed on to me by a friend who had taken it from a magazine but I do not have the name of the magazine to reference it properly)