My son lived on these rice quiches in his early days post diagnosis.
Gluten free bread was not an option for him and so these quiches were great for his lunch box and also for after school snacks.
3/4 cup cooked rice (I use jasmine rice)
6 eggs lightly whisked
2 tablespoons of water
1 cup grated cheese
½ cup ham or cooked bacon
¼ cup shallots or cooked onion
extra cheese for topping
- Whisk eggs in bowl together with 2 tablespoons of water. Season.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Place into lined or greased Texan Muffin tin (6) and top with extra grated cheese. ( I cut bread and butter plate size circles from baking paper and press into tins)
- Cook at 180 degrees C for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad or perfect cold for lunch boxes.
(Other ideas for ingredients: left-over meats, semi dried tomatoes, salami, chorizo, a small can of corn)