Paired with the cheddar crackers, this makes a tasty hor d’oeuvres.
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons Vacola Jamsetta jam-setting mixture
2 teaspoons finely chopped chilli
1. Char grill capsicums on bbq plate, turning until all sides are char grilled. Remove and place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Allow to cool.
2. Peel the skin from the capsicums and remove membrane and seeds. Place flesh into a food process and process until smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to a large saucepan and add the vinegar and sugar. Stir to combine. Place saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
4. Add the jam – setting mixture and chilli to the saucepan. Increase the heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Set aside until the bubbles subside. Use a large metal spoon to skim any froth from the surface of the mixture.
5. Spoon the hot jam mixture into clean, dry jars and seal. Invert for 2 minutes, then turn jars upright. Set aside to cool.