3 cups vegetable stock or water
1 ½ cup instant polenta
50 g finely grated parmesan
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
600 g vine –ripened tomatoes chopped
2 cups basil leaves, torn
½ cup green olives, chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
125 g ball mozzarella, torn
- Line a 20cm x 30 cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Put the stock in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Add the polenta in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly for two minutes or until thick. Remove from heat, stir in parmesan and season. Spread the polenta mixture into the lamington pan, then chill for at least one hour or until set.
- Turn out the polenta on to a clean board and cut into small wedges. Heat 2 tbs of oil in large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add half the polenta wedges and cook, turning, for 5 – 6 minutes until golden and crisp. Repeat with another 2 tbs oil and the remaining polenta. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Combine balsamic, garlic and remaining 2 tbs of olive oil in a bowl and season.
- Toss tomato, basil, olives, cucumber, mozzarella and polenta in a large bowl, then drizzle with balsamic dressing. Serve immediately. (ABC Delicious as published in “Courier Mail”