Dip 1: Creamy Corn and Bacon Dip
This first dip is my second youngest son’s signature dish.
If we are having a family gathering, we ask RC to make HIS dip and it always pleases.
250 g jar corn relish
300 ml sour cream
1. Fry bacon until crisp and allow to cool on paper towel.
2. Mix bacon, relish and sour cream in a bowl.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Garnish with chopped shallots or parsley.
5. Serve with bread or crackers.
Dip 2: Cheesy Corn Dip
I put a jar of corn relish in the shopping trolley and spied a recipe on the side of the jar, which I have included below. Just a gentle reminder to myself that often you find a good recipe when you aren’t looking.
250 g light cream cheese
1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
150 ml light sour cream
250 g corn relish
1. Place cream cheese and grated cheese in a small saucepan and cook over low-medium heat until cheese is melted. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a bowl, combine sour cream, relish and cheese mixture.
3. Serve with vegetable sticks, crackers or corn chips.