In the beginning we found that the Gluten Free Breakfast was inextricably linked with the Gluten Free Lunch Box. Our teenager struggled to get his head and taste around what was on offer for his lunch box, as a replacement for his ‘normal’ white bread sandwich. Our priority then became to make his breakfast wholesome, hearty and filling in an effort to get him through the day in case he rejected what was offered for lunch.
In the main, our teenager rejected gluten free bread for sandwiches and even as a toast. The first six months were very difficult.
Some breakfast ideas
1. Ham and cheese jaffle
2. Chipolata sausage and corn tortilla
4. Ham and Cheese Galette
5. Sweet or savoury french toast
6. Savoury Mince and corn tortilla
8. Bacon and eggs and corn tortilla
9. Fried Tomatoes and corn tortilla
10. Baked Beans and toast
11. Huevos Rancheros
12. Sweet or savoury muffins eg banana muffins or cheese and ham muffins
Time saving advice
Make a pot of savoury mince and freeze in small portions.
Measure and combine the dry ingredients for the galettes and pancakes the night before.
Pancake batter can be frozen in small portions for future use.
Set out your equipment the night before so the morning is less chaotic.